What is a cookie?
A “cookie” is a small amount of text that is stored in your browser (such as Google Chrome or Apple Safari) when you browse most websites.
What is NOT a cookie?
It is not a virus, or a Trojan, or a worm, or spam, or spyware, or open windows pop-up.
What information does a cookie store?
Cookies do not usually store sensitive information about you, such as credit cards or bank details, photographs or personal information, etc. The data they keep are of a technical nature, statistics, personal preferences, personalization of contents, etc.
The web server does not associate you as a person but your web browser. In fact, if you usually browse with the Chrome browser and try to navigate through the same web with the Firefox browser, you will see that it does not identify you as the same person, because in reality you are associating the information with the browser, not the individual.
What kind of cookies are there?
- Technical cookies: These are the most basic and allow, among other things, to know when a human or an automated application is browsing, when an anonymous and registered user navigates, basic tasks for the operation of any dynamic web.
- Analysis cookies: They collect information about the type of navigation you are doing, the sections you use the most, products consulted, time zone of use, language, etc.
- Advertising cookies: They show advertising based on your browsing, country of origin, language, etc.
What are own and third party cookies?
Own cookies are those generated by the page you are visiting and those of third parties are those generated by external services or providers such as Mailchimp, Facebook, Twitter, Google, etc.
What cookies does this website use?
This website uses its own and third-party cookies. On this website the following cookies are used which are detailed below:
– Own cookies:
- Login: The cookies to log in allow you to enter and exit your BUARFE account.
- Personalization: Cookies help us remember what people or websites have interacted with, so we can show you related content.
- Preferences: Cookies allow us to remember your settings and preferences, such as the preferred language and your privacy settings.
– Third party cookies:
This website uses analysis services, specifically, Google Analytics to help the website analyze the use made by users of the website and improve its usability, but in no case are they associated with data that could identify the user. Google Analytics, is a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc., The user can check here the type of cookies used by Google.
Can cookies be deleted?
Yes, and not only delete, also block, in a general or particular way for a specific domain.
To remove cookies from a website you must go to the configuration of your browser and there you can search the associated to the domain in question and proceed to its removal.
More information about cookies
If you want to have more control over the installation of cookies, you can install programs or add-ons to your browser, known as “Do Not Track” tools, which will allow you to choose the cookies you wish to allow.